Tonsil stones are hard white or yellow stones that develop on your tonsils. These stones form in the tiny holes in your tonsils; and are caused when bacteria, cells, and other debris becomes trapped and hardens. Tonsil stones may be painful and often lead to bad breath, sore throats, and tonsil swelling. There are many reasons one would want to get rid of tonsil stones, which are also referred to as tonsilloliths. In this article we are going to cover what the symptoms of tonsilloliths are, how to prevent tonsil stones from forming in the first place, and finally how to treat tonsil stones.
Symptoms Of Tonsil Stones
You may be dealing with large tonsil stones if you have some of the following symptoms. It should be noted that smaller tonsilloliths may not show these symptoms and therefore are not discovered as easily.
- Bad breath is a common indicator that you may have a tonsil stone. Especially if you do not normally experience halitosis (foul smelling breath).
- A sore throat may be an indicator that you have a tonsil stone, especially if you are also experiencing other symptoms. You may also experience a pain feeling in your ear.
- White specks on the back of your throat may be large tonsil stones. Many tonsil stones will be hidden in nooks and crannies and will not be visible, however, some are.
- Swelling of the tonsils may occur, this is caused by the inflammation of an infection due to the debris forming.
- Large tonsil stones may also make it difficult to swallow.
Tonsil Stones Treatment
There are many factors when it comes down to the subject of tonsil stones treatment. Depending on the size and location of the tonsillolith you may not need any treatment at all. Small stones may require no special treatment at all. However, if the tonsil stone does require treatment please consider some of the following remedies.
- Many choose to use picks or similar items to dislodge their tonsil stones.
- Many choose to gargle salt water which seems to alleviate the pain and discomfort.
- Some choose to take antibiotics, which is not a permanent cure for tonsilloliths.
- Finally, some people opt to get their tonsil stones surgically removed. Note this may be necessary only in some cases.
- I recommend to go through Fast Tonsil Stones Cure Program where it will give your permanent solution to this menace.